Thursday, December 26, 2013

Its a Merry Christmas After All!

Yesterday was Christmas, and also "hump day/bump day" so this is coming a bit late. We had a wonderful Christmas - Becky and Tom came over and we made a delicious dinner, watched movies, sang Christmas karaoke, opened gifts, and ate way more than we should have. It was great. (though I was missing the wine, white wine and Christmas are so perfect together!!)

Anyhow, the bump, as you will see, has taken on new dimensions. It is no longer just out, but its now starting to point down, like its collapsing under its own weight. Each step is pretty brutal, like my legs are made of cement - its like the opposite of feeling light on your feet. And I can maybe do one task, like wash one counter or one dish, before my back is in pain. So, we plan accordingly!

36 weeks



As I've said to some friends: if it wasn't for the holidays and the horrible curse it is to have a birthday during the holidays, I'd be doing jumping jacks and whatever else could get labor rolling along!! Instead, I am on self imposed bed rest the rest of the month. By the way, this is totally self imposed, my Dr. says the babies would be totally great and [perfectly healthy if born any time now, and he's waiting for the call.

Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who brings me ice water, and puts my feet up, and cleans the place for guests on Christmas, and encourages long baths with netflix :) xoxoxox Thanks James!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment