It is my last day of work in the office. I will be wrapping some things up from home next week, but in a much more relaxed fashion, i.e. pajamas will be involved.
James is on his way home. There he is at 10:35 this morning PT
Getting dressed today, I had to change my clothes because a large portion of my maternity outfits don't fit anymore. The belly is just too big. Getting ready was exhausting, and that is when I knew today was a good last day for work.
I was having a lot of mixed emotions about leaving work, but I have to remind myself that 1- I was told I would need to leave at 32 weeks, so I beat that by two full weeks; 2 - Many other twin moms end up on bed rest and that thankfully never happened (some much earlier than 32 weeks!); and 3 - we are just a few weeks away from having these babies. Realistically, we will likely have these babies in the next 20 or so days. Many women take time off before their babies arrive. I will not feel guilty!
My yogurt this morning expires on January 5th. Seeing dates like that, on my yogurt, is such a reality check. I think I ebb and flow between complete denial and pragmatism. The yogurt is a reminder that I need to make a list of phone numbers for Becky and James to call when everything happens, and a list of things I need if we end up rushing to the hospital and I can't finish packing my bag. I need to decide if the names I have picked are cruel and unusual punishment. I am trying to decide if I feel fear or excitement, but I don't think those are the right words for the emotions. I do know that when these little guys/girls get here, though, that I will just want to stare at them forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment