Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hump Day Bump - two weeks later

I thought I would post a shot of the bump, two weeks after giving birth. I gained a total of 60 lbs while pregnant and have already lost 30, of course 10 of that was baby! The rest has been swelling and other fluids, and I am sure the last 30 will be more difficult to lose, especially when trying to eat healthy while keeping two babies fed and changed.

The pictures are from Wednesday, January 22, right before the girls and I went to lactation class.


 One thing I didn't count on post birth, and didn't prepare for, is not having anything to wear. Breast feeding brings a whole set of clothing issues - easy access becomes an issue (more than I expected). Also, I was prepared to wear all of my maternity yoga pants and jeans, but I stretched these items out so badly during those last few weeks that they barely stay up on their own.  That said, none of my pre pregnancy clothes fit! So I am in this weird limbo, unsure what to do because no one wants to buy clothes that will fit for just a few weeks. So for now, we are kind of making some things work, and hoping to continue some of the quick "fake" weight loss so I can maybe fit into some of my pre-pregnancy pants sooner than later.

Otherwise, my c-section recovery is going great, I feel absolutely no restrictions with bending or lifting and the scar is tiny and healing really well.  There was absolutely no reason for me to be nervous or scared of the surgery at all. The last few weeks I was pregnant, I had a chair in the bathroom so I could sit down while doing my hair and makeup, I had to roll out of bed and I couldn't reach my feet. So, frankly, the c-section recovery was easy peasy comparatively.

This photo really freaks me out now.
That is unnatural!!
January 2, 2014
Three weeks later
January 22, 2014
As far as my well being, it seems that the roller coaster of emotions have subsided as well, and I am feeling really good and positive. Some of the nights have been hard, with little sleep and a lot of work, but then there are some really great nights where the girls give us long stretches of sleep. James and I have always worked really well together, especially when it comes to handling a task, and we are doing what we do best and handling this together really well. Parenting these two little ladies is really bringing us closer together than ever. It has been such a fun, positive experience. I will be sad when he goes back to work, not only because of being on my own all day, but also because we are really enjoying each other's company.


Finally, my mom is coming this Saturday and we are looking forward to her visit. While things are getting much easier around here with the girls sleeping longer stretches, it will still be really nice to have someone else here to help hold the girls, change diapers and maybe let mom and dad sleep a few hours at the same time! I also CAN'T WAIT for her to meet her granddaughters. They are the COOLEST little girls ever, and are so freaking cute and beautiful and I can't wait to show them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment