Saturday, April 5, 2014

13 weeks old!

I am officially obsessed with the girls - they are SO FUN all of a sudden, so now I record everything they do and take a million photos and make sure they are playing when they are awake. That 12 week milestone - where they are supposed to leap ahead developmentally - really does live up to the hype. The next leap is week 19, apparently.















Here are a few things the girls are doing this week that is new:
  • They don't just lay on their play mat like star fish while you wiggle toys in front of their faces - they actually bat at the toys and make noises and look at other toys and prefer toys over others. 
  • They now notice each other and really look at the other one, sizing each other up. 
  • They watch us move around the room. 
  • They smile a lot when we talk to them and interact with us when we make noises. 
  • They now hold things, and have each taken turns shaking a link of rings.
  • They have discovered their hands. 
  • They now suck on their hands (which they did at birth, then forgot about, and now are doing again). 
  • And, not so great, they are now having nightmares that wake them up (mostly Josie).  













An interesting note: I will watch Josie work on a new trick all day, for example, holding and shaking some rings. Then I will hand the rings to Lexie and she just shakes them like she's always known how. Then it wont be for a few days until Josie executes her learned trick. It was kind of the same thing with smiles - I saw Josie working on smiles way before Lexie, but Lexie smiled first and smiles A LOT, while Josie reserves hers for when she is really happy. Josie seemed to notice toys first, but it was Lexie who really started to play on the play mat first. So from the beginning Josie has had a lot of control over her head (lifting it up and pushing up during tummy time) but now I am not so sure she will be the first to roll or crawl.  Josie is our little perfectionist while Lexie just does it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment