Saturday, April 12, 2014

Fourteen Weeks!

Welcome to the Second Quarter - 14 weeks!




The girls are 14 weeks old. And this week, they have started to interact. Josie was doing her little yells while they were on kicky piano, almost like she wanted Lexie to look over and her and pay attention to her. One evening, Josie’s hand made it into Lexie’s personal space and Lexie pulled it into her mouth (lol like everything else).













Last Sunday night was the first night both girls slept from the time they were tucked in at 8:30 p.m. until we woke them up at 7:45 a.m. without a single cry. They then did it again the rest of the week. They don’t fall asleep right away, and usually Josie needs a few pacifier interventions, but by 8:45/9:00 pm they are usually both asleep. James and I were blessed with amazing babies, and possibly, our commitment to our bed time and wake up routines has helped the girls adopt this sleep pattern. It is fascinating to see the girls get cranky and hungry in that last hour before bed: their cries sound tired, they act tired and almost seem relieved when we tuck them in. We really hope that they continue to be such amazing little sleep princesses!!








I just can't get over how much fun they are now - so much personality, so playful, smiling, kicking and purposeful interaction with James and I.  I absolutely love these little ladies!!









In other news: I start back to work Monday. And, my mom gets here today! I am so excited about her being here to see the girls again. When she was last here, we were in the thankless period where they were totally non-interactive and keeping us all awake 24 hours a day. We will all be getting much more sleep this time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment