Monday, April 21, 2014

Date Night

Saturday night when my mom was still in town, Jamey and I went on a date night. Just the two of us. We had dinner at Public Kitchen and it was fantastic. The date and the restaurant.

I was worried that all I would talk about would be the girls. I had asked my mom and sister for current event topics that I could bring up, but I had exhausted all of them in the car ride over. Besides, capsized ferries and missing airplanes are not great romantic date topics.

We got there and on the drink menu, among the variety of specialty cocktails, was one called the Alexandra, and one called the Winters Coming. So much for ignoring the parenting topic! We each ordered one and jinxed each other when we simultaneously made a toast 'to the girls' ! The drinks were delicious.


Even though the cocktails opened the topic up to the babies and parenting, it was ok. We looked at the pictures Becky had taken that day of them in the hammock and laughed, talked about travel with them and the future and it was ok. We talked about a lot of other things too, baby related and not. It was a great date night and we had as much fun as any time we had gone out before I got pregnant.

Alexandra

Winters Coming
Conversation flowed as easily as on our first date almost 10 years ago. As much as we had become strangers for a few weeks there, and had other people coming in and out of our lives so much lately, he and I were reminded that we started all of this and we are still best friends.

Fun in the photo booth at the Spare Room after dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment