Thursday, October 24, 2013

27 Weeks!

The babies are 27 weeks today! They are celebrating with lots of kicks and punches - feels like a bag of popcorn being popped inside of me. Very strange feeling! They are each the size of a rutabaga - I have never seen one of those, so here is a picture for reference:
This friendly gentleman is demonstrating the size of two rutabagas.
Swallow those whole and see what it feels like! 
Well regardless of the rutabaga reference, they each measure about 14.5 inches and 2 1/4 lbs each. Big babies!! These awesome grow-monsters now have high functioning brain activity, can recognize their mom and dad's voices, and can consciously suck on their fingers. They are also continuing to practice their breathing. They have been getting hiccups which I can sometimes feel! Its pretty neat! 

By now they should also be getting onto a sleep schedule - and I have noticed that becoming more and more consistent. I find they like to party together at 5:00 a.m., they take turns during the day at work (A at 10:00 a.m. and B in the mid afternoon), then they both get mildly active again at 8:00 p.m. B really likes to push and stretch (to my right side's dismay) while A likes to kick his or her little feet a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment