Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hump day bump day - 28 weeks tomorrow!

I'm writing my hump day bump post from my Gestational Diabetes glucose test, which takes an hour. Just drank the juice, it was nice and chilled so not too gross, but I am definitely feeling gross after drinking that!

53 minutes to go.

Here we are at 28 weeks. (Holy shit, 28 weeks!) I've officially gained 40 lbs.

28 weeks!

GO RED SOX!!!!

And what I actually wore to work today - will put the
Red Sox T back on when I get home :)
And a bonus bare belly pic for posterity.

Still no stretch marks!
And, just for comparison, this was 10 weeks ago...and we have 10 weeks left to go :S

17 weeks
Today and yesterday have been super good days. Shockingly, my sciatic nerve is not hurting lately. My tail bone does hurt but its not constant like the nerve was. I'm feeling good and enjoying being pregnant. On bad days I check my count down calendar 200 times and bargain with myself - i.e. make it to 38 and you can justify some Cole Haan pumps.  On bad days, the body pains are not great, and I've started getting groceries delivered because I have about 10 - 15 minutes on my feet at any one time before I'm done.

One of the most painfully ironic symptoms of pregnancy, probably due to growing at the speed of light, has to be clumsiness. I drop something, at minimum, 5 times a day. And unless someone is there with me, or I'm in my comfy flexible leggings, whatever fell on the floor will just have to stay there.

I'm newly obsessed with twin pregnancy blogs - ones where women post a weekly photo and update about their pregnancy status. Some of these are a few years old, so their twins are thriving 3+ year olds. I love comparing myself to whatever week comports with theirs to make sure I'm not a freak. So far, blog stalking has been tremendously reassuring! Some of these women are sporting HUGE bellies at 28 weeks. I feel big but its manageable.

40 minutes to go. I'd love some water and some pretzels. The juice is so cloying and sweet.

The worst symptom has to be the heartburn. I take a prescription twice a day for the heartburn, which was working great for a while, but lately the meds wear off hours before I can take the next dose. This is some strong acid reflux! It even wakes me up at night.

30 minutes left before my blood draw and then I can drink some water!

I've actually picked up some more maternity clothes, despite saying I'm done ;) I got a cute dress for my babies shower, and Destination Maternity had my favorite jeggings on sale for $22!!! Its nice having two pairs of them.

Finally, I have to update about our cooking adventures. The first trimester all I could eat was fast food. I just had no appetite but needed a lot of calories, so fast food was ideal. Now that the appetite has been back in full force, and we don't want James to die of a heart attack, we've been cooking a lot from scratch. Last night I made chicken vindaloo which frankly was so spicy, I had to cover it in plain Greek yogurt to finish it! James liked it though and it was very tasty. The other day I made pancakes in an effort to practice so I can be a good mom and make them for my kids :) I've made a few casseroles for the same reason. The last 10 years I've had no problem microwaving my dinners but my mom instilled good nutrition in me with a proper square meal every night and I want to do the same for my kids.

20 minutes left. Sorry for the long post but I hope it was somewhat entertaining or informative. Be well and we'd love to hear from everyone so drop a line anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment