Saturday, December 13, 2014

49 Weeks

Before I begin this week's recap, I will assure everyone that the next two weekly updates will happen, regardless of our trip back East. Saturday the 20th, the blog will post like magic even though we will be somewhere in the air over Nevada. The following week's blog will be posted on Sunday, the 28th. I also suspect that quite a few picture blog updates will happen over the holidays. While we will be ending the weekly photos after week 52, we will continue to post a ton of candid pictures and videos and updates about the girls and Dino Dave will make some guest appearances. We hope this blog goes strong well into their teens because I can't wait to embarrass them with updates about their school dances, acne, and crushes.







I think Alex is more over these weekly shoots than I am!
This blog post is going to be on the light side - I am NOT feeling great at all. I'm going to preserve my strength so that I can enjoy James's office Holiday Party tonight. We haven't been to one of his work parties in a long time, and they really go all out. I am even getting my hair done!
 

Dad, come fix my sign...
 









The next week will be all about getting ready to hit the road. While I haven't packed yet, I have made many lists. I feel like we will be extremely overly prepared. At the same time, I have a feeling we will have forgotten something important that will make us feel like we did no planning whatsoever.

How does Josie look taller than Alex?!


Like, big time taller! 





The girls are wearing dresses James got them in Singapore. Love love! I think we might actually use
 these for their Birthday party dresses too. They are just too perfect!! 
Alex was giggling away after photos while daddy was doing a puppet show.


The girls are hitting that developmental stride where they are just soaking up knowledge and information like sponges. Josie keeps surprising me with her "no big deal I am just standing here" standing. She even stood for a while without holding on in the bathtub. Skills. Alex is learning about using her thumb. Josie is climbing in and out of chairs and enjoys "sitting" in chairs as opposed to being on the floor. They are both really enjoying "breakfast" time now and I really see bottles taking a back seat to real food. If they could, the girls would live on cheese, eggs, gerber cheese munchies and puffs. Alex now pushes the bottle away well before its done and leans to her high chair as if to say "let's get the good stuff going."








And...packing has begun....


No comments:

Post a Comment