The security crew at Bradley were just amazing. What a difference from Los Angeles - first off there was no line anywhere. We were checking our bags and I was wondering if anyone else would even be on our flight. The security crew not only helped us get all of our baggage through the scanner, they then put our stroller together for us, while marveling at the way the car seats sit in it. Do you know how hard it is to unfold a stroller and put the car seats in it while each holding a baby? This was extremely appreciated.
Bradley airport tradition - getting some McDonald's before the flight. The girls each had their first french fries (only 2 each!) and seemed to like them! Of course, who wouldn't!
So many babies in my row! I was seated in the row with 3 oxygen masks, and James was on the other side with just the 1, so he was not even allowed to hold a baby! On the way back West, we were a bit smarter and brought one of our car seats onboard - this was great for many reasons. Josie was very cozy in it and slept almost the whole way both ways. Also it freed up one parent's arms for making bottles or going to the bathroom. If we had a money tree I would get 4 seats next time with this car seat set up! Babies get SUPER wiggly on your lap and it can be exhausting!
Josie chilling
Alex asleep on my lap - they seem to pass out during take off.
Dad in his single seat across the aisle!
Dad wrangles the car seats and stroller on the tarmac
Stretching our legs in DC - saying hi to everyone!
Some more stretching.
I was starting to feel my cold getting worse again on Christmas Eve and it is now (again) in full effect. I have now been sick for 3 weeks and am so over it. Flying while congested is not fun. The girls definitely have a cough now, too. I pat Alex on the back a little when she coughs so now she is doing a little fake cough and looking to see if I might give her a little back rub.
Sunday evening we went to the L.A. Zoo Lights - basically a "re-boot" of the Griffith Park lights - which were always extremely cheesy and under produced. If you go in knowing the "kitsch" background to the story, this is a very fun event. We got some hot cider and walked around at a nice pace. I think the girls liked it. It was SUPER cold so it felt very holiday appropriate!
And - in fun news - Alexandra is now pulling herself up and steadying herself, and standing for a good few minutes at a time! She knows what she is doing, too, as she looks around to make sure we are watching. She even does little bounces as if "dancing" while standing. Its fantastic! Though I realized today once they start walking I wont have little crawling babies anymore - awww! And, Josie is finally getting tooth #3! Her top left tooth is poking out, and she has the little red cheeks to go along with it.









No comments:
Post a Comment