Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Weekend!

We kicked off the Christmas season with my office's Holiday Party, which they hold in downtown Disneyland. James and I went a bit early and made a night of it - checked out the decorations, did some shopping and had some cocktails. We went to the same bar last year, and we talked about what would our present selves tell our past (one year ago) selves if we had run into them. My number one advice would be "don't worry, they will sleep through the night so soon, you can do this!" While I think Jamey's had to do with work, ha ha!

Becky went to visit the girls while we were out and took cute photos!

Becky and cuddly Josie! She has been very cuddly lately :)
Sunday we spent the day at my sister's where we watched Christmas movies, enjoyed her real tree, and I decorated her little pink tree.  When I think of Christmas, I think of the family snuggled up on the couch, under some blankets and watching Christmas movies - which is exactly what we did. It was such a great day and we ended up staying longer than I expected as both girls were perfectly happy taking naps in our arms or in the pack n play. They really liked the ornaments.





Snuggling while watching Christmas Vacation
This was NOT staged, believe it or not.
And some big news from this weekend: both girls are now standing unassisted! Josie stood for so long I was able to get a photo. Alex stood for just as long just a few minutes later, but of course, no camera in sight! Ah well.

I was so excited, I let her keep chewing on my nail file so I could get a photo (yuck!)
 

And in jammies last night. End of a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment