Sunday, August 3, 2014

30 Weeks (btw, wow, 30 weeks!)

Well it has happened - we have internet!

Yesterday was the first Saturday since the girls were born that I didn't wake up and write the blog. I'm writing it today, Sunday. I used the opportunity, since we didn't have internet anyway yesterday, to do some more unpacking. Rest assured that the photos are from Saturday at 9 a.m., as they are every week, so they are accurate presentations of the girls' week to week growth.

I'm in this one






About that unpacking - we're really getting there, big time. We had kept our entertainment console stuff packed so the cable could be put in easily, but now that that is done, we can unpack books, DVDs, etc. Babies' room, living room, dining room and kitchen are done. The two remaining rooms to tackle are the x-box/guest room and our master bedroom, and I think we should get there with those today.

contemplative...






Look mom, I found my paci!!





The x-box room is getting moved to the top of the list since we have a happy surprise of my brother Steve and sister Stephanie visiting from Ottawa tomorrow! My brother has never met the girls so this will be a real treat :) Stephanie hasn't seen them since they were fairly non-responsive babies back in March.




Alex looks so much like my grandmother here. 


So what about the girls? They are in a race to crawl. Josie is right there, on her knees and hands, swaying front to back. When I think Alex is not even close since she isn't doing the crawl-sway, she surprises us by popping up and getting her feet under her. So basically if the girls were to combine their efforts, they would have it.


What is this...




I'm in this one, too...
 

Things are getting SO MUCH easier with them - its almost like overnight they are independent little people and not babies. They are super content just hanging out on the floor with a few toys, playing or watching us clean or put things away. Frankly it seems like they don't want us playing with them anymore - Alex pushes us away as if to say 'go away mom, I'm playing!' and they both try to wiggle out of your arms to move on to the next toy. That said, Josie still loves to be carried around as she cranes her neck up like a Meerkat to watch what everyone is doing.

This was the Bing home page this past week - spot on Josie pose
With this evolution in their playing and personality, it is now easier for James or I to do the baby thing alone. Twice this week I did baths, bottles and bed time and it was easy peasy - I even read them a story! I'm finally feeling less like a jerk about leaving James with them solo and went and got my nails done and am getting my hair done today.




They are both officially loving real food - they gobbled up some pureed sweet potatoes, green beans, banana and mango yesterday and then even had a few little Gerber star shaped cereal that they have to "chew." No teeth yet though and really no sign of them either.

Hopefully lots of pictures this week now that we have internet and cell phone service!

No comments:

Post a Comment