Sunday, August 31, 2014

Adventure Weekend

We're going on an adventure today. We are meeting up with some of my online mom group friends, who live in San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles, about an hour south of here for a pot luck breakfast brunch pic nic. I've met one of them already, we actually went to dinner with her and her husband on Friday night. So at least there will be one other couple there that we know, but after months of chatting about our newborns (all of us had babies in January, 2014) I am certain we will be fast friend irl (in real life).

This weekend is a busy one for us! James and I went on an amazing date at my favorite restaurant in the world, Scarpetta, where we got to sit at the chef's table in the kitchen and have an 8 course meal. Amazing. Becky was kind enough to watch the girls that night.

Last night we went out for Becky's birthday. Brittany, our nanny, watched the girls to make up for having Monday off. So it works out well for everyone. Last night was really fun - we went to a sausage restaurant with the best french fries I have had in Los Angeles. Then we went to a video game bar - these are a new phenomenon in Los Angeles and have vintage arcade games lined up for people to play, and an amazing fully stocked bar with artisan cocktails. Kind of like a dream come true for anyone into video games when they were 14. (Its not quite like Dave & Busters, which has modern games, bright lights and chain food).

On top of our adventure today, tomorrow we will be bringing the girls to a friend's pool party. If all goes great today, which I have no reason to believe that it wont, that should be no problem. Seriously, my only concern for tomorrow is that I don't really want to get into a bathing suit in front of anyone else. Especially after this food heavy weekend!!

All of that said, this is a lot more relaxed than our life before the girls, where one day would have been pic nic, then pool party, then dinner and drinking out with friends. So, this should be a cake walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment