Saturday, August 30, 2014

34

This past week I read some articles about child safety and preventative measures, which whipped me into a frenzy of shopping for child proofing gear. I was worried about the vertical blind chords, furniture being unsecured and cabinets being opened, even though we have put all of our cleaning products into the laundry room and on a high shelf.  But you read one parent's nightmare account and that's it - the toilet seat lock company knows it can charge whatever it wants for that thing, you will buy it!





The reason for all of the safety concern is Josie's new mobility. She is full on crawling and she loves to investigate everything, and to climb over everything. I watched her go right over kicky piano. She face plants over and over but whatever, she just keeps going. I suddenly am realizing that yes, we HAVE TO anchor all of the furniture and tether the TVs. 





I remember a few months back, when the girls were itty bitty - maybe 2.5 months old since I was still on maternity leave - I told my sister that 'geez, every time I look down I have Josie in my arms.' Even before she could hardly communicate she had figured out how to get what she loves, which is to be carried around. I would make a conscious effort to give Alex some carry around attention but it seemed that no matter what I did, I ended up with Josie in my arms.



Now that she is crawling, I kind of get it - she really does want to be carried constantly. She crawls up on to our laps and tries to get into a standing position over our shoulders. She doesn't care whose lap it is, she wants to be in your arms. Though the second you are holding her, she's craning her neck to see what's going on around her, and what toys she might want to play with. Anyway, its blowing my mind that this personality started so early. 


Alexandra is being crazy adorable as usual. This week she figured out a few new sounds, one of them is to vibrate her bottom lip at top speed. Its pretty impressive and I will have to get video of it. She is also doing the "crawl rock" so look out, we might have two mobile babies very soon. She loves to just sit and play and doesn't need constant attention, and as Jamey has kind of figured out, she doesn't like to be touched. Though I have noticed lately that she will "hug you" when you pick her up, which is very sweet.




The girls have been waking up a bit earlier than "wake up time" lately, but they aren't fussy, they just talk in their cribs and usually fall back to sleep before we wake them up at 7:45. I peeked in on them this morning and they are so cute to see - Josie sitting in her crib playing with the plush blanket "lovee" she sleeps with, and Alex sticking her feet out of the crib and chatting away. Such fun, good, happy, lovable girls and its such a joy to be their mom.  I am really looking forward to a long weekend with them.










No comments:

Post a Comment