I wrote this blog post a few months back about how I was doing exactly what everyone said I would do: I was starting to forget the early days. I just figured out whats happening. Its not forgetting. Its just remembering the early days while imposing the personalities of the people you have now met on the little creatures that you were holding back then. It makes the memory sweeter. But different. Because you aren't remembering properly - at the time, you are caring for this little creature who has never smiled at you, who just cries, eats, sleeps and poops. But now you have this little baby, full of personality and awesomeness.
When I try to remember Josie or Alex teeny tiny sleeping in my arms, its hard not to blend it with the personality of this person who you now know and have met!
Anyway, some sleep deprived deep thoughts for a Sunday morning. Also, note: no sleep deprivation because of the girls, this is all self imposed! I can not, for the life of me, figure out why I am not sleeping well (or at all, some nights) in the new house.
No comments:
Post a Comment