Saturday, August 9, 2014

31 Weeks - Guest Blog by Stephanie!

I’m so excited to be the guest blogger on the Crocket Family Blog this week! Steve and I are visiting for a week and so far we’re having a blast.

Josie and Aunt Stephanie
The last time I visited LA was back in March and oh boy, the girls are really different! Back in March Josie had yet to smile, and now it seems that’s all she wants to do. It’s an absolute joy seeing her gummy smile as you throw her up into the air or make silly faces at her. Josie also LOVES to look outside, especially at the wind blowing through the trees and the cars passing by. She can’t get enough of it!

Uncle Steve and Alexandra

Uncle Steve, Josie and Alex





The fam

Uncle Steve and Alex

Alex and her wizard hat (Josie has done this too)

Josie getting a diaper change
Meanwhile, Alex is the opposite - in March she was all smiles and now she’s more cautious and selective with her smiles. She’s very serious and mature, always looking around with curious eyes trying to figure everything out, completely unamused by our tactics to get her to smile. Although if you catch her at the right time she’ll let out the loudest squeal you’ve ever heard! She also LOVES looking at Uncle Steve. Although that might be because he wears loud, red t-shirts all the time.
















Josie is quite the squirmer. It’s hard to get her to sit still when you’re feeding her because she wants to look at anything and everything. If you put her on her belly, she’ll army crawl around the room to get the toys she wants (usually the ones Alex is playing with). Alex has yet to learn to move away from the wrath of Josie, so you have to watch that Josie doesn’t steal all her toys away! Josie also does what I call “baby yoga.” She’s mastered downward dog, cat pose, and the cobra. It’s only a matter of time before she learns to crawl for real. As for Lexie, well… the only baby yoga I’ve seen her do is savasana (aka dead body pose). I kid, I kid! (Well, kinda). Alex is perfectly content lying on her back and sucking on her toes and will roll around once or twice to get what she wants. I’m sure she’ll be squirming around the room in her own time. 































As for Steve and I, we’re enjoying our time with our nieces and the rest of our family. We had a little bit too much sun at the beach the other day but it was totally worth it to play in the waves. We’re looking forward to the rest of our stay which includes lunch with the whole family sometime this weekend and a trip to the Endeavour space shuttle. Can’t wait!

xoxo
Aunt Stephanie (aka Roxanne’s youngest sister)

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, Steph. Am very much appreciating the 'guest blog'. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the beach, and I'm sure that you and Steve will enjoy your visit to the Space Centre...and shuttle Endeavor. (I wonder if the twins will remember it from their last visit.)

    ReplyDelete