Saturday, March 1, 2014

8 weeks!

Josie and Lexie are 8 weeks old, and they are amazing!





So a while ago, I read that babies smile at 4 weeks of age. Well...sure, you kind of see a little something that looks like a smile once in a while, but then spit up or gas follows. Now I am reading the baby development guide and learning that "social smiles" don't start until 8 weeks of age. So we should be seeing purposeful smiles soon - though I feel like I have seen both Lexie and Josie give me a smile on purpose, I could also be reading too much into things. 








Lexie "hugs" us when we hold her - she is just very cuddly and wraps her arms around you. Josie has been being cuddly the last few days as well but she is so strong and wiggly when you hold her! You have to be careful she doesn't get away. 





For Dave










Last night was the first time I had both girls on their gym and the two of them were both actively playing. Lexie has been making fun noises while on her mat and last night Josie coo'ed as well. They were both kicking on purpose and both of them were reaching for hanging toys and flailing their arms around (and not in an unhappy way). 






Up until now, Josie has screamed bloody murder every time we change her diaper, especially when she is hungry. This is also changing and last night she was a little doll while I changed her, looking around and actually seemed engaged and happy. I took the opportunity to change her into some warm cozy pajamas that my sister in law Laurie sent the girls. Adorable and  perfect for this cold rainy L.A. weather. 










Lexie's grunting baby syndrome is all but gone - she still makes the regular baby noises when passing gas or more, but its not constant like it had been. I used to be assured all was well since I heard her ALL NIGHT but now she sleeps as soundly as her sister.






No comments:

Post a Comment