I am having a bagel with peanut butter on it this morning. I had given up peanut butter while pregnant and nursing since we have a strong family allergy and there is evidence that consuming it while pregnant and nursing could trigger the allergy. My last day of nursing was yesterday. It was a sad day and a happy one.
I need to thank:
My husband for being so supportive of me and helping me make nursing twins happen. He would, late at night, bring the girls to me in bed to feed them, especially when Josie was having latching issues.
My mother who was so super supportive and always says the right things, she makes me feel like a rock star for having done what I did. Also for sewing some velcro on my pumping bra!
My mother in law who was also extremely supportive and who also brought me the girls to feed at night and was here for me through the initial Josie spit up phase.
My sister who was also so supportive, and would change the babies and line them up for feeding, and keep them calm while the other one ate.
And a huge thank you to Alexandra who made sure I had an immense supply, and to Josie who worked really hard with me to overcome latch issues at one week, then breastfed like a champ until 2.5 months.
And a thank you to friends, old and new, who were also so supportive. A big shout out to my lactation class, both Roxy the consultant as well as the friends I made there, for helping me give this gift to my girls!
Thank you to everyone!!!
I am so proud of all the work you did! You are so so strong. And those babies probably say thank you, too! :)
ReplyDelete