Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hawaii, Earthquakes and Shots

James is in Hawaii - he's working so its not all pleasure, but let me tell you, I would pay money just to have the plane ride's worth of uninterrupted, guilt free sleep!!! Not to mention rainbows and ocean views. But yes, he is working hard long hours, so there is no jealousy on my part.

So I have been pretty good about scheduling company and help throughout the week while he is gone. But, I had to get through two nights with the girls by myself. The girls are AMAZING and have been sleeping really well if we stick to their night time routine.*  So this is probably the easier 12 hours I have with them, but something about being alone with them at night was intimidating. I had a hard time getting deep sleep when I knew I was alone on watch. OF COURSE night two Los Angeles had an earthquake less than 10 miles from Burbank. I ran into their room, barefoot, wondering how the heck I was going to get us out of the house if necessary. Thankfully it wasn't necessary and they slept through the whole thing. I woke James up in Hawaii (three hours behind us) to just have someone calm me down a bit. And I am so grateful for all of the texts I got from friends who knew I was alone, asking if I was ok, that was so sweet!

Three hours after the eventful/uneventful earthquake disaster of 2014 (there was no damage) we were at the doctors getting the girls another round of shots. I have no idea which ones, and I was really surprised the nurse asked me if I wanted them both in the same leg or different legs. I don't know, this is your job, not mine. Not sure if this is bad parenting, but I just figure I do what the doctor tells me. Should I have researched whether the shots should be in the same or different legs? Anyhow, we had the chance to weigh the girls again and Lexie is 10.8lbs and Josie is 9.4lbs - good job ladies! Lexie clearly had a growth spurt a few days ago because she drank all of the formula. Josie is having one now because its her turn to be hungry constantly.

By the way, the kicky piano is a big hit, and I can't get the 4 stupid kicky piano songs out of my head. They also sound like video slot machines, so now I want to go to Vegas.

Stephanie and Dave get here in about 24 hours!! I can't wait for the girls to meet their Aunt Stephanie!!!!

*The routine is to change them out of their "day clothes" and into "night clothes," put on their sleep sacks, feed them a bottle, kiss them on the head and tuck them in with their mobile playing and the sleep sheep. We start at 8 pm and they are usually asleep by 9. Lexie sleeps till about 2ish, has a bottle and goes back to sleep, then both girls wake up at about 6 a.m. for a bottle then back to sleep until 8 a.m..

No comments:

Post a Comment