Wednesday, March 19, 2014

February 14, 2014 - Valentine's Day

I sent this email to James on February 14, 2014. I basically documented things as they happened. It was probably the worst night I have had with the girls. I am documenting it here today to remind myself that things could be worse, because last night SUCKED. But didn't suck this bad!

February 14, 2014

Josie ate in the 1 am hour and Lexie in the 2 am. Josie had a very soiled diaper and didn't go back to sleep after her feeding, and needed the pacifier put back in repeatedly until about 3:30 a.m.. I just sat in their room doing that and rubbing Lexie when she fussed until 3:30.
Lexie was having some sort of trouble, not sure what, refused the pacifier. I noticed her diaper had no poo. (mother load to come?)
I finally slept at 3:40 but was up again to feed Josie at 4:09.
Josie fell asleep during feeding so I put her down, but she had gas that woke her up. Gave her gas drops.
4:40 - Going to attempt some sleep but Lexie should wake any minute for food and Josie doesn't seem ready for sleep.
4:42 Ha ha that was a joke, Lexie was up seconds later and is eating. I'm sure Josie will wail for paci any second now...
And there she is, crying bloody murder and all she needed was the pacifier. Had to stop Lexie to go put the paci in then finish feeding Lexie.
Ok...5:14 will try to sleep now.
Nope...5:25 Josie needed paci and rubs and is still wide awake. Alex is grunting and kind of awake.
At 5:40 Shut my eyes for 20 minutes.
6:00 Josie screaming again. Just got Josie to let her sleep on me on the couch - she slept well and so did I
7:00 Lexie waking up to eat early at Josie's 3 hour mark... Great - put Josie in car seat and am hoping Lexie eats fast.
Of course Josie cried like hell so burped Lexie and put her down after 8 minutes and now feeding Josie at 7:20. Lexie really needs a diaper change :(
Josie ate for 13 minutes then I changed her diaper...she was wide awake. She just yelped and is eating again. I had debated waking Lexie with a diaper change to finish eating but something told me Josie was not done. Instead I peed and washed my hands. LOL 'mommy time'!!
8:00 am Josie finished eating then spit up big chunky spit up all over. I had the diaper bag handy so I gave her a wipe down with the sensitive wipes and changed her outfit here on the couch. She didn't love it but she didn't cry either. Worst mom ever washing her baby with wipes. While I'm burping her some more I file her other hand which we couldn't file yesterday.
Lexie is rousing.
Dad comes out to assess the situation and both girls are quiet and sweet...
Just changed Lexie, she had a very wet diaper with some poop but pooped while I was changing her - 2 diaper bandit!!
I found some bibs and grabbed a hair tie to tie up my mess of a hair. I was in the process of moving a burp cloth from around Josie's neck to replace with a bib when she spit up on her new outfit. Ugh!!! I put the bib on anyway: two spit up rule.
8:43 am Lexie is eating again, no kidding I don't blame her: her earlier breakfast was interrupted.
8:47 Josie knows I'm feeding Lexie and is now screaming again. She spit out her pacifier...maybe this addiction needs some rehab. I sang to her and that helped.
Daddy puts her paci in and she falls asleep. Lexie is asleep after nursing, daddy puts her down.
Sleep attempt #3....

No comments:

Post a Comment