The girls are 10 weeks old. Almost a 5th of a year.
They are getting big and are outgrowing their newborn clothes!
This week Lexie has been smiling up a storm to her dad and I and its just as precious as can be!!! I love coming to say good morning to her and she gives us a HUGE smile, she has a great grin! She is also playing really hard when we do gym time now. She is growing so much!
Josie finally gave my sister and I some huge smiles while we were giving her a bath. Smiles that were not followed by a flow of spit up! She absolutely loves the bath and I can't wait for her to be a bit bigger so she can splash and really be immersed in the warm water! She's our water baby! By the end of this past week, she was also playing like crazy during gym time.
James is gone for 10 days for work. I'm terrified. I thankfully have amazing friends and many will be taking turns coming over to lend a hand. I will be spending two nights alone with the girls and, while their night routine has become predictable, I am still nervous about it.
We have hired a nanny, Brittany, and she has come to help me a few days already while James is at work. Most importantly, I actually left the house and ran errands while she was here on Thursday. It was an amazing feeling and recharged my batteries!
My sister Stephanie and her boyfriend are coming Wednesday to lend a hand with taking care of the girls, and of course to meet them! I am looking forward to having them here and it has been such an immense pleasure to watch family meeting Alexandra and Josephine for the first time.


Someone mentioned how positive my blog is. Let me just say it now - we have some hard times here. I am overwhelmed when I am alone with the girls - it is a two person job for sure, and until 3 months ago, I had been employed as an attorney for 10 years, and have little to no baby care experience. Being a new mom means wanting only the best for your children, yet you have no idea what the best is. You second guess your every choice. The second guessing, constant need for administering care, occasional double baby meltdowns, and managing real life is stressful. You don't have time to think about eating, get nervous to take a shower and are generally on edge waiting to see what happens next. So no, its not easy. But, the blog is about sharing updates about the girls and I hope that they will read it one day. We will all forget the times when both babies were crying at the same time and I didn't know who I should tend to first, the day Alexandra pooped so much I had to change her clothes 4 times, Josie's constant stream of spit up that I now ignore but get nervous about when others are holding her, bringing Lexie to get blood drawn because she was still jaundiced at 2 months (she was fine), and the many phone calls I have made to my mom in full blown tears. Yes. Let's hope we forget all of that, and just remember all of these fun videos and gorgeous photos of our awesome girls!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment