The next day, May 18, 2013, we went out with friends to the Magic Castle. It happened to be my 10 year anniversary of graduating from law school, so we "celebrated" that, while James and I exchanged knowing smiles.
![]() |
| At the Magic Castle, 5 weeks pregnant! |
Of course, we didn't know yet that we had TWO babies on the way. We started calling our little apple seed "the nugget" and we were so excited.
And now we have two gorgeous, beautiful 19 week old beauties. We had no idea just how blessed we were.
This week the girls have been really pushing themselves up during tummy time, and both seem so so close to rolling over from their back to their front. I think if they were more interested in being on their front, they would go for it more. They have both been rolling onto their sides to play with their toys. Last week I switched out the soft blanket I had under their play gyms to the rubber alphabet surface, and I think that is helping, too. Its a bit firmer and doesn't slip around, so they have a bit more traction to work with.
I'm by myself and admit, I didn't do a great job with the weekly photos today. And because I took so long, the girls weren't in their typical happy morning mood. Aw well, we will make up for it next weekend!
Both girls are super distracted while eating lately and playing with their bottles. They seem close to holding them on their own, perhaps in a month or so? Josie is popping her pacifier in and out of her mouth, and really studying it. Not great for bed time (since she pops it out then can't find it to put it back in, which makes her sad.) This is apparently part of "wonder week 19" relating to developmental milestones.
Also related to "wonder week 19" are the cranky, clingy, sad, non-napping babies we have. Every once in a while I think they are coming out of it, then next thing I know I have two super sad girls who are crying because they are tired and hungry or because their sister is crying. It never lasts TOO long and usually soothing them into a nap helps a lot. Can't wait for this period to be over though!! The next one is at 26 weeks, so we will have a short reprise.
On the plus side, both girls have really found their voices and are talking up a storm. Josie is downright giggling and laughing, which is amazing to hear, we just absolutely LOVE IT and love trying to make her laugh. Alexandra's noises are so precious - little coos with rolling "R" sounds and soft giggles. While she smiles most of the time (less so lately, thanks to wonder week), she doesn't laugh as loud or as much as Josie, but once you get her going, she's a ball of adorable. She continues to stick out her tongue, too, and I can't help it, its just so darn cute.
| Mom, give it up, I refuse to smile today. |
James is back on Tuesday and that afternoon we are going to set up the Jolly Jumper - I can't wait to see the girls going in that!!! They are going to LOVE IT. My guess is that Josie will more than Alex, but I've been wrong about those things before. So we'll see and we WILL have video.




No comments:
Post a Comment