Josie after a few practice sessions:
Alex trying it out for the first time (this video is really good at about 43 seconds in, I HAD to post it!):
Alex rolled over last week and refuses to do it again, and Josie hasn't rolled over at all, lazy girl! I put Alex in tummy time and instead of rolling she just falls asleep.
The other new toys we got are a set of bumbo seats - I was hesitant to get these because they can make spit up worse, and I've confirmed that, the girls spit up the whole time they are in them. Something about the way their tummies are squished. Also, they are $50 a pop and are moot once the girls sit on their own. When a twin mom was selling a pair for $25 total, I jumped at the opportunity. The girls like being in them and sitting up. And they really like facing each other. I caught them playing footsie, on purpose, and had to take a video!
The girls and I have recovered, mostly, from our cold. James has it in full strength now and is pretty miserable. Meanwhile, I got a horrendous stomach bug that kept me up all night on Saturday night. Like really bad, I haven't had one that bad in YEARS. Anyway, because of all of this, we cancelled most of our plans for the weekend. Our dear friends Dan and Jil were kind enough to put up with us last night and brought us an amazing dinner and were entertained by Josie in the jumper. We watched the Rangers/Habs game (Whoa Rangers!!) and made it an early night. I am pretty certain James and I were both asleep before 9 p.m.
We'll be hanging out at home today and recovering, and will watch the Kings game later today! Woo Hoo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment