Saturday, May 3, 2014

Congestion, Toe Infections and 17 Weeks

The girls are 17 weeks today! They are playing up a storm with their toys, where just 8 weeks ago they didn't even care about their toys. In fact, they even seem done with their toys and want to sit up and see the world, which means being carried a lot or sitting on a knee. They are falling into a nap routine, which is amazing and allows for getting some things done during the day, and helps them be a little less cranky at the end of the day.
















Both girls are drooling and making raspberries now. Alexandra is getting really good at mimicking noises that we make. Poor Alexandra has been congested the last few days though, so she has been a bit out of sorts - no fever or any other symptoms, just snotty. I am keeping an eye on it and hoping it goes away. Josie, on the other hand, has a little redness on her big toe. Once we got out the high quality zoom lens camera and took a picture, we realized it looks like she just broke her nail and it tore off too low. The physician has us putting polysporin on it and it seems to be healing.











Josie seems ready to roll any day now - she is really lifting her head up during tummy time and is almost there. Alexandra really surprises us by really lifting her head up during tummy time as well - she just doesn't practice like Josie, she just doesn't do it one day, and I worry she is falling behind, but then the next day there it is. 






Tomorrow, on May the Fourth Be With You day, the girls will be four months old (FOUR MONTHS!!). My dad is actually flying in tonight and tomorrow we have tickets to go see the Endeavor Space Shuttle. Seems totally appropriate. My dad will be the first grandpa that the girls meet. I have photos of my dad feeding ME a bottle, so I know he can do it and I will be putting him to work!

My dad and I, 1977
I've got Alexandra's eyes and Josie's hair line in this photo.

Josie and her dad,  after a bottle, 2014

2 comments:

  1. I feel like they are starting to look more like one another.... Just me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so, AJ - they have the same nose for sure, so as they get to be about the same size, they look more like sisters. Different eye color of course!

    ReplyDelete