Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hair Loss and Nesting

People say you experience hair loss after you give birth. Those people even say that you lose *a lot* of hair. Well, they really should say you lose more hair than you can even imagine, and then triple that amount. Its so bad, that my bathroom sink is clogged. Every day I get out of the shower and have to mop up all of the hair that I pulled off my head and throw it away. I clean my hair brush out every other day now. I moved the shark hand vac (wall plug in) to the bathroom, because the dyson hand vac (rechargeable battery) wasn't enough. I have one of those roller sticky things to run over my clothing every day. I am surprised I still have hair on my head, actually. I feel especially bad because I constantly find my hair all over the babies. During baths last night I pulled so much hair out of the baby bath tub I could have fashioned a wig for a barbie out of it. Its kind of scary, actually, because I wouldn't want one of my hairs to twist around their toe or leg where we can't see it all night and cause damage (aka the baby tourniquet).

Anyway, I hope this ends soon because I am sick of cleaning up my own hair everywhere. No wonder moms cut their hair off - this is disgusting and annoying. 

Another thing people tell you about is "nesting" - where you go around your house and prep for baby by doing weird things like organizing your make up drawer. I admit, I did some of this because I was home for two weeks at the end of my pregnancy and I was bored. You know why you SHOULD nest though? Because you wont be able to organize jack shit the first few months baby (ies) is (are) here. And you will want to know where your stuff is. Its lovely that my makeup is there, and organized, every morning at 6:30 a.m. when I am getting ready for work, and my shoes are all lined up ready for me to go. There is no time, with a 4 month old, to rummage through your things to find your ___. That is time you should (and will want to) spend with baby(ies). Any down time (baby nap or sleep time) is spent either showering, eating, or maintaining the basics, like laundry and daily cleaning. 

So while I rejected the notion of "nesting" when I was pregnant, I now see why you really should take care of all of those "big projects" or organize all of your stuff pre-baby(ies), because who knows when you will have a chance to do that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment