I was pregnant last mother's day and didn't even know it. Just like the TV show. Last year on Mother's Day James and I went to LACMA to see the Stanley Kubrick exhibit. I looked at the screen shots of the identical twins from the movie The Shining because I had just learned my cousin Mylene was having identical twin girls. They had the outfits displayed too.
 |
| From the LACMA exhibit |
 |
| From the Exhibit |
We then went to dinner at Salt's Cure and a very pregnant woman sat next to us. This was all the universe telling me something, right? Looking back, it seems quite the loud message. Anyway, here we are, a year later and blessed to the brim with two of the awesomest little girls anyone could ask for.
Becoming a mom has totally changed my relationship with my own mom. I feel like I've never been closer to her or appreciated her more than I have this past year. I owe her more thank yous than there is time to give.
 |
| My mom with me |
 |
| My grandmere and I |
 |
| My two sweeties |
 |
| My mom and her daughters (and future granddaughters) |
 |
Happy Mother's Day.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment