I'm gathering information about feeding the girls solids. Our pediatrician gave us the green light to do that, but our schedule is so awesome right now, I kind of don't want to do it until we absolutely have to! Here is what we've been up to:
6:30 - my alarm goes off, I shower and get dressed for work while James keeps an ear on the monitor (I LOVELOVELOVE this getting ready and no stress listening to the monitor time). At 7:20 (sometimes earlier) I pass the torch to James to get ready and I go into the kitchen.
7:20 - 7:40 - make my lunch, clean the house up, make a coffee, empty the dishwasher, etc.
7:40 - make bottles and clean the brezza
7:45 - James and I wake up the girls, do diaper changes, get their little outfits on and start feeding them (usually around 8 a.m.) BEST part of the day!!!
8:00 - 8:30 - play with the girls on their play mat, read them stories (today - facetime/skype with daddy who is in Singapore)
8:30 - Brittany comes in, and takes over. We brief each other on what is new/not new. I leave to work.
9:00 - 5:30 - work
6:00 - home from work, get the briefing from Brittany (poops? bottles? naps?). I either play with the girls or take them on a walk. I try to get them to nap at some point in the 6 pm hour or else they are cranky in the 7 pm hour. The walk helps with them getting a little nap in AND I get some exercise!
7:00 - James gets home! YAY!
7:30 - bath time (3 times a week) also SUPER CRANKY BABY TIME. Bath time helps because they both find it soothing. If Josie is cranky and we put her in the tub, she turns into the happiest baby on earth. Then you take her out of the tub and she is mad - it better be bottle time.
8:00 - pjs and last bottle of the day, then the girls are put to bed "drowsy but awake" (occasionally totally awake or totally asleep. Last night they were both totally awake and they were chatting with each other - VERY cute ladies.) Turn on the sleep-sheep and their overhead mobile. Go back in and give Josie a pacifier a few times.
8:20 - start dinner, drink large amounts of wine, watch TV
9:30/10 pm - bed time. I'm EXHAUSTED. Hope the girls don't wake up during the night. They haven't been waking up! Such awesome little rockstars!! I hear this can change though during certain sleep regressions, i.e. at 4/5 months (now, eek) and later during teething, etc at 8/9 months. Bracing myself for it, so for now, I am enjoying my sleep :)
No comments:
Post a Comment