Friday, November 8, 2013

Baby Shower Weekend and an AWESOME Surprise!!

This weekend is my baby babies shower! Tons of people have come together to throw the shower. Notably: Becky, Missy K, and Jen K have all been organizing and doing crafts, etc. Becky and my wonderful husband James picked up the delicious food tab - a ton of Mexican appetizer type stuff, and the BABIES picked up the bar tab!! OMG babies, you are the BEST BABIES!!!! These babies know their mom would want everyone to have a good margarita buzz while opening onesies and eating cupcakes on a Sunday afternoon.

So a few weeks ago, I had an intense feeling that I just needed/wanted my mom to be here for my shower. I got in touch with her and told her we had to make that happen. It must be that maternal/grandmaternal pull of some sort, it just didn't feel right if she wasn't here. Amazingly, we found tickets at a great price and she booked her trip.  Yesterday I left work and my sister Becky met me at home and we went to pick mom up at the airport - walking towards mom, who (sorry mom) was looking cluelessly around as we were waving like crazy at her, all of a sudden someone came from behind her and ran towards us - STEPHANIE!!!!!! Our little sister had made the trip as well!!!!

I was SO excited I even teared up. It was a total shock, and the best surprise EVER!!! I had thought of how nice it would be to have her here for the shower, too, but I never asked her to make it knowing that it costs a ton to fly here, and to take time off work, and of course everyone should save their pennies to come and meet the little guys after they are born. I am just *so touched* by this, it means so much to me, and I feel absolutely spoiled by the universe, and my family!!

I wish I had taken some pictures to put up, but everyone was disheveled from long flights and long work days, so probably for the best! Some to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment