Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy 32 weeks, babies!!

How appropriate, this week babies are each the size of a squash.



Happy Thanksgiving, babies!! They are 3 3/4 lbs each and 16.7 inches long.  That is 7 1/2 lbs of baby - officially more baby than I was when I was born (of course, I was just ONE baby).

This is one of those lucky weeks when baby center has a picture of in utero twins. Let's compare:

Baby, fetus at 32 weeks - BabyCenter


Twin babies, fetuses at 32 weeks - BabyCenter
Normally I would say "look at all that room that spoiled single baby has" but frankly, looks like everyone is all shoved in tight now.  Pebbles and Bambam seem to be looking for more room as they keep really pushing outwards at every opportunity. Kind of making life pretty uncomfortable for mom.

This week, again, the babies are basically real humans and just getting bigger and fatter. More fat than length though now - they will only grow a few more inches before they are born, but will put on half a pound each every week until delivery. In 3 more weeks their lungs should be ready for the outside world.

I've bargained with myself to go 5 more weeks - that gets us into 2014 and to 37 weeks, a nice safe time to deliver.  They will be over 6 lbs each and will have crossed the lung milestone. Can one decide this? I don't know, many things in life are mind over matter.  But I am pretty miserable and having a mental deadline seems to help. And will hopefully get us past the Dec 20 - 30 window we do not want to fall into!!

No comments:

Post a Comment