Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hump Day = Bump day! Episode 31

31 weeks tomorrow. Thankfully, this has been a good week - the sciatic pain has not returned, though it did seem one night that it might, it was gone by morning. Sleeping, more specifically, getting comfortable while sleeping, has been very hard. My hip starts to hurt if I lay on one side too long, so I have to turn over a lot, which is not the easiest thing lately - its like my stomach doesn't flip with the rest of me, but follows a bit behind.

The Star Trek top. Did I wear this same top last week? Good grief.
No, just checked, wore it two weeks ago. Still! 

Side view

Side - 31 weeks
The worst worst symptom right now is heart burn. I was up all night the other night not even able to deal with the heart burn and acid reflux, and this is WITH my prescription medication.  I propped up all of my pillows and tried to sleep in a sitting position but it just didn't work. I think that night was bad because I had a second helping of ice cream right before bed, so I am trying to stop eating a few hours before bed time. Because the babies are crowding my body, I feel like I've had gastric bypass - I can't eat more than a small serving of food at a time. Even though I want to eat ALL THE FOOD!!!  Likely thanks to this horrible diet, I am holding steady at 40ish lbs gained. Hopefully this is not affecting the babies' growth.

Last night I had a good night of sleep following the eat less before bed plan, and also because I cheated and took a Benedryl (pregnancy safe, but my doctor does not like his patients taking sleep aids). Oh man though, it was heavenly to get such a good night of sleep!!! I woke up a few times to head to the rest room, but otherwise, slept so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment